The continuation of false narratives based on lies by the moderators of BCCA is both mean-spirited and shows how low they will go. They have never reached out to me, or anyone else, before publishing false and misleading claims against me or others. Are the continuous attacking and bullying of me, other good standing citizens of Boulder City, and people of religion acceptable to our community? I don't think they are. Engaging them creates an onslaught of attacks with disregard for the truth. There are amazing members of BCCA and I do not include them in my open letter. We have the same passions, vision, conversations, and love for Boulder City.
My love of Boulder City is the same love I had when I first moved here 36 years ago. I love the historic charm and traditions. I don’t want that to change. I don’t want the Growth Ordinance or City Charter to change. I believe in preserving our history and envision that one day we can have a historic reenactment festival of what life was really like during the building of the Hoover Dam and the early years of Boulder City. How amazing would that be? I have always been active in the community since moving here 36 years ago.
The Boys and Girls Club, raising funds for after-school activities for our children, education of our children, donating to local charities, being a member of civic organizations, are all part of my love for the people of Boulder City and the City of Boulder City.
Education is important to me as a mother of a child with autism. Why do they continue to attack me when they know all this? I want to build 1,600 homes from 2016? Will they continue to post and email falsehoods instead of the following undeniable truth of the following:
· Our schools here in Boulder City have been forced to eliminate programs such as art due to funding dating prior to 2016. I believe art programs are so important because creativity involves imagination, original ideas and allows the child to think outside of the box. When you are creating something, you are thinking with a different part of your brain.
· I feel it teaches you it is OK to step outside of your comfort zone. Building creativity through art in our children creates passion and connection within the community. Our children are our future and we need to invest in their education so that they can live up to their God-given potential.
· Our Growth remains well below the Growth Ordinance threshold and has been that way for decades. Even during the 13 years on Planning and Zoning I never advocated for change in the Growth Ordinance of the City Charter. That is why BCCA cannot produce anything other than a faded and outdated piece of mail from 2016 along with their false narrative. Don’t just believe them because they speak the loudest, bully, or pound their fist.
· Our Charter requires a vote by the residents of Boulder City Nevada for any land sales over 1 acre.
· Any new development has to go before Planning and Zoning and includes a public hearing and input, and recommendations before going to the City Council for a vote. Then, and only then, it goes to the voters of Boulder City for approval. That is how the process works per our Ordinances and the Charter. I know this from my 21 years of combined experience in City and State government. That’s why it’s easy for me to spot the falsehoods.
· In 2016, I wanted to let the voters decide a question that would impact our children’s continued funding level of education. The only question I had in 2016, was: Do the citizens of Boulder City want to utilize our growth ordinance when the local property was not available for the sake of funding our children’s education? Sometimes, there is zero property available. Our growth ordinance has been underutilized for decades. Why wouldn’t we want voter input? Why decide for them? Again, that was in 2016, 5 years ago, and was to fund our schools.
· I will not advocate or vote for any changes to our Growth Ordinance and City Charter as your City Council member. I have been very clear on that.
I request that the leaders of BCCA stop and reach out to me before posting or emailing any false and misleading "IMHO" to the public. It serves no purpose. Transparency, religion, having a questioning attitude, basing decisions on the truth, and not being bullied by others are what founded our country. I feel those words more today than ever!